ON THE SURFACE it may seem like we don’t have control over many things in life. After all, it can rain even when we want sunshine. Your train can be late even when you desperately want to get home after a long day at work. And your local café can very easily sell out of your favorite steak sandwich even on the days you crave it the most.
But you can control the most important thing of all: you have the power to choose who you want to be.
You have the power to get what you want out of this life. It may be that you want to lose weight, or make more money, or switch careers – and that’s great. In fact, that’s the important first step – being consciously aware of what it is that you want. Because you can only succeed at something, when you have first clarified what you want.
To actually achieve your goals though, and GET what you want, you need to tap into your subconscious mind.
It’s when the conscious and subconscious parts of the mind are on the same level, you become truly unstoppable.
How do you get the subconscious mind on board?
One way to unlock the power of your subconscious mind is through positive affirmations. The idea behind affirmations is to choose a number of short, positive statements and say them out loud at a specific time of the day. It’s not just about quantity though – quality is key.
It will do you no good to repeat an affirmation over and over again with no feeling, as though you’re a robot. Rather, you need to feel, deep in your soul, that the affirmation is true.
The more you use your affirmations in this fashion, the more you activate your subconscious mind. In turn, this strengthens and clarifies your inner vision and what you want for yourself and your life.
And this deep inner knowledge of what you desire then has the power to shape your future according to your vision. If you think about it, affirmations help you shape and create your future reality from the inside, out.
What are the best affirmations for success?
Like I said above, it’s not all about WHAT you say. So much of it comes down to how deeply you feel what you’re saying, and how congruent (in harmony) it is with you. But nevertheless, you still need the right words!
Here are 21 of the best affirmations for success*:
- I am a magnet for success
- I am so excited because all of my dreams are coming true
- I am a good person who deserves happiness and success
- I act fearlessly
- The seeds of greatness lie in my mind
- Every day I move closer to my hopes and dreams
- The vision within me is creating the world around me
- Success comes from my mind
- I believe deeply that I can achieve anything
- I know what I want and I achieve it
- I am strong, powerful, and confident
- I am destined for greatness
- My thoughts create my reality and I am the master of my thoughts
- I am in charge of my life
- The power is within me – I learn from the past, live in the now, and plan for the future
- I see all challenges in my life as opportunities for growth
- I am at peace with where I am and I have a strong vision for the future
- I realize that success is a result of right thinking and hard work – I excel in both.
- Success for me is an ongoing process – after one success I focus on another
- I am solution oriented – all problems are solvable
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
*After some researching, I found these affirmations to be the most related to success and achievement from here, here, and here. Keep reading below to see how you can personalize them to your particular situation
Putting it all into action
Choose two or three statements that relate directly to your goal and write them down. If success for you is a promotion at work, or a career change, then perhaps statements 1, 4, and 12 from the list above would work for you.
Then think about when you will repeat your affirmations –
- In the morning right after you wake up?
- In the car on the way to work?
- Midday when you need a burst of motivation to see you through the end of the day?
- Or maybe right before bed so that you can dream sweetly about your coming success?
Repeat your affirmations at your chosen time out loud, and with high energy 5-10 times every day.
If you found yourself really connecting to one or more of the affirmation statements listed above – then that statement is the one for you.
But if you’re after something a little more personal or specific – you can write your own. In fact many people in the field believe that affirmations that stem from your own life and are written in your own voice tend to have the strongest impact.
Writing your own affirmations is not difficult, but there is a special formula involved. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Keep your affirmations in the present tense – live in the NOW!
- Focus only on the positive – avoid using the word ‘not’.
- For example, instead of this: “I am not nervous about starting my new job.”
- Try this: “I am so excited about starting my new job – I’m going to smash it!”
- Keep them short – the more concise your statement, the easier it is to recall
- Include actions to help you visualize your success more clearly.
- For example, someone wanting to lose weight might say: “I can see myself strolling along the golden sandy beaches of Hawaii in a tiny bikini.”
- And finally, include an emotion – state how you will feel in that moment:
- “I can see myself blissfully strolling along the golden sandy beaches of Hawaii in a tiny bikini.
Take home points
Affirmations help activate your subconscious mind, ensuring your conscious thoughts and subconscious thoughts are pointing towards the same goal. In this way, affirmations help to purify the brain– pushing out any negative thoughts that may have been taking place unconsciously and replacing them with positive ones.
Saying your affirmations out loud 5-10 times every day will help you transform your thoughts into words, and eventually, your words into actions.
So think about what you want to achieve, choose or create your affirmations for success, and tell the universe exactly what you want – consistently, and with feeling. Then go ahead and live your best life.